Thursday, May 15, 2014

So, here's the scoop...



WE LEAVE IN 2 DAYS! 36 hours to be (almost) exact!!

My puppy has a sitter, my clothes are washed, my fridge is empty, and my house is clean (kind of). I guess I am ready to leave for 9 days! Notice I didn't say I was packed; I am the master procrastinator so that likely won't get done until tomorrow (night).

I am so excited about this trip and the amazing opportunities my team is going to have while we are in DC! I would like to share with you a few things on our itinerary...

-USDA tour
-Bread for the World visit
-Advocacy training with Patton Boggs
-White House tour (they are doing our background checks!)
-DC Central Kitchen orientation, tour, and volunteering
-Networking dinner at Jack Field's house ( I honestly don't know who Jack Field is but I'm thinking I better find out!) (I hope he doesn't read this :/)

We also will have some free time to explore museums and local attractions which I am very excited about as I have never been to Washington D.C. before. 

We were given a homework assignment before we leave which was to read the book "A Place at the Table". I will be honest, I am not yet finished with it, but so far it is an amazing read and I strongly encourage you all to read it too!


I want to again express my gratitude to all of you who have helped my team and I prepare  for this trip. Whether that be through prayer, financial donations, or any of the other ways we have received help, we are thankful! I ask you to continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers throughout our time in DC. 

I will (hopefully) be making a post everyday while in DC so please check back to see what we are up to! I am looking forward to sharing this experience with each one of you!

Until next time,
Katelyn



No comments:

Post a Comment